Can you believe that summer is winding down?!?! The leafs will soon change, pumpkin spice will be everywhere (yuck), and then next thing we know it will be 2019! Whoa…i might have went a bit to far there. But in all seriousness this summer has been great trying out all kinds of rosés, and experimenting with making Frosé.
You see tons of recipes that have you creating a strawberry reduction, squeezing ten lemons and straining everything through a mesh sieve. To me, the novice chef, that all seemed overwhelming and soooo time consuming. That’s why I’ve dabbled this summer in making my own Frosé with a super simple recipe.
What you need:
- 1 Bottle of your favorite rosé – I’ve picked Day Owl most of the summer
- 2 – 3 cups of frozen fruit (strawberry is the standard but I love raspberries, a combo would probably be awesome too)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Pour bottle into a deep pan and freeze for at least 6 hours (due to the alcohol the rosé will not be completely frozen.)
- After rosé is a slushy consistency combine with fruit and sugar
- Blend to get a slushy, slurpee like, consistency
- If you’re ready to drink go for it! If you have the time put in the fridge for about 20 minutes to make it extra cold.
As you can see its super simple, not fancy, but enterally delicious!
Pictures by my fabulous friend Allison – @chi.nomadess
Cheers – Victoria